Saturday, February 7, 2009

Just sharin': Pucker Up!
















These are the sweet and tangy lemon buttermilk cupcakes (that are not vegan) that I made last night for the Japanther show at the Bell House.  I had a few left over so I decided to make good use of the sunny day shining through my Brooklyn apartment and take some proper photographs.  I was a photography minor in college but haven't really gotten back into feeling much like photographing anything, until now.  I'm planning on taking more photos of food and blogging after each bake sale, since I'm hoping to be even more inventive and creative with the bake sale events than in the past.  

I also just received an amazing book I had ordered from Amazon titled "Sweetness and Power: The Place of Sugar in Modern History" by Sindey Mintz.  I'm using it for my thesis (which will complete my graduate degree at NYU in Visual Culture Theory), which is about participatory art projects that use food as a medium and eating as a social practice.  I'm only one chapter in, so I can't say much for the whole book, but it's really good.  If you're really interested in food but just slightly interested in reading social theory, pick up this book- it's actually an easy read.

Can't wait to share more with you!

xo Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment