Monday, December 1, 2008

Spicy Cookie Goodness

















Hello lads and ladies!

It's that time again!  So many crazy things happen in December- for us grad students, it's finals time!  Balancing finals on top of work, projects, play, baking, and life, is incredibly difficult.  In fact, I should probably not be blogging right now and instead be writing outlines and such.  I am excited though, in true dork fashion, to write my next paper.  It's kind of about the bake sale!  I'm using theories of participation and discussions surrounding socially collaborative art (like those put in place by Grant Kester, Miwon Kwon, and Claire Bishop) to talk about the politics of art projects that use food and consumption as a platform for ideas about the nourishment of a community.  It's also about the (art) market and the reverse co-opting of commercial models.  Yeah!  It's a big 25 page-er, wish me luck!

In a few weeks Alicia and I will be at La Superette!  I'm so excited because I'm offering new cookie tins that I screen printed with my new friend Gabe Cohen (www.pangeacorps.com) at Exit Art!  They are so rad and rather smart looking.  I'm also so excited to be making the cookies for the tins- they are all family recipes that we've made for during the holiday season for many years.  Making the cookies above for the photoshoot got me a lil teary eyed- I miss my Gram!  She was the one who taught me how to make the Ruggulah cookies shown in the picture.  I actually won a Girl Scout Bake Off with these cookies when I was ten.  It was amazing!  I don't remember what I won but I think it's one of the very rare times I've won anything.

So- check out our website to order and then come visit us at La Superette at 159 John Street at South Street Seaport next Saturday and Sunday (Dec 13th and 14th) from 12-8pm (12-6pm on Sunday) to pick them up!  

See you soon,

xo Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment